Oil cleansing is a popular method to lift the dirt out of your skin, especially when it comes to makeup. Because most makeup is waterproof, simply using soap and water to remove makeup just won’t cut it. Oil makes it easier for the makeup to be cleaned off of your skin, as it makes tough to remove product (like lip stains or mascara) loosen up.
To take your makeup off with oil, follow these tips. What you need:
- Your favorite cleansing oil (KoKo Oil is great for removing makeup)
- Makeup wipes (or damp paper towel)
- Face soap (Pure Black Soap is great for rejuvenating the skin)
- Face cleansing brush
- Toner (witch hazel is a good option!)
- Clean face towel (or paper towel)
- Moisturizer or Oil (ahem, KoKo Oil ;) )
- Apply a small amount of oil all over the areas that have makeup. Make sure to rub over areas where the makeup is harder to remove (brows, eyelashes, etc.) Let sit for 2-5 minutes.
- Use makeup wipes to remove all of the oil/makeup from your skin
- Use face soap and cleansing brush to cleanse the skin to ensure no lingering makeup is sitting in your pores.
- Rinse skin with cold water and use a toner to close pores.
- Dry skin with a towel or paper towel
- Moisturize with your favorite skin cream or oil!
And enjoy your beautiful skin :)